Intercepts and decodes all instant message traffic (currently AOL Instant Messenger,
AIM Express, ICQ,
MSN and Yahoo) sent/received by the local computer or another computer
on the network. A high performance engine delivers real time message
logging. Conversations can be viewed immediately or saved for later
analysis. This program is intended for concerned parents/spouses as well
as network administrators. Freeware
- IM Sniffer version 1.0 is finally here!! - April 18, 2008
- IM Sniffer version 1.0 is only days away from final release. The latest release candidate has just completed the 48 hour stress test with no errors and is now considered stable. This version will require beta testers to double check the new Jabber and GoogleTalk decoders. We will also need translators to double check the new languages that have been added as well as to add more. -April 7
- IM Sniffer 1.0 RC1 has been released for testing. Feel free to test it and leave feedback in the forum or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Oct 17
- IM Sniffer 0.9 Patch 1 has been created for testing. This fixes many of the bug reports that have been made over the last couple of months. It is available for download in the prerelease section.
- Oct 14
- IM Sniffer 0.9 has been released after some great work from the
beta testing community. - Nov. 6
- Beta testing for IM Sniffer 0.9 Optimized will begin in 1 week.
Initial release date has been set for the end of October. - Sept 5
- A special thanks to everyone who helped with the testing.
IM Sniffer 0.8.42 Beta has been released a week ahead of schedule. -
- more ...
- April 18, 2008 - IM Sniffer 1.0 released
- November 6, 2006 - IM Sniffer 0.9 Optimized released
- July 27, 2006 - IM Sniffer 0.8.42 Beta released
- April 14, 2006 - IM Sniffer 0.7.47 released
- April 1, 2006 - First client to sniff AIM Express
- February 13, 2006 - First client to sniff AIM file transfers
(and its free too)
- December 9, 2005 - 0.64 Released. Capable of monitoring
- December 7, 2005 - First Release 0.5 Alpha available for